We ensure the highest standards of conduct and act in accordance with the law, our internal regulations (policies and regulations), and recognized standards in the area of management and development cooperation.
We attach great importance to ethical conduct in all areas of the Foundation’s operations and encourage everybody to submit any comments related to our activities.
In accordance with Policy on whistleblowing and handling of reports, there are two paths for making reports at the Solidarity Fund PL:
1. Direct information provided to the Foundation
Should you notice any disturbing activity or situation that may indicate irregularities or unethical practices or other misconduct, you may contact directly the Foundation by letter, e-mail, or telephone from Monday to Friday between 08:00 a.m. and 04:00 p.m.
Solidarity Fund PL (Fundacja Solidarności Międzynarodowej).
- ul. Mysłowicka 4
- 01-612 Warsaw
- e-mail: email@example.com
- ph. +48 222 90 66 22, mob.: +48 797 904 506
2. Anonymous reports
Should you be concerned about your safety or should you not wish to reveal your identity otherwise, you may file a report anonymously to the Ombudsman independent of the Foundation.
The Ombudsman and the Foundation shall protect your anonymity if:
- you disclose information in good faith,
- you are convinced of the true nature of the reported information,
- you do not provide false suspicions,
- you do not expect personal or material benefits.
What matters you may notify the Ombudsman about
- money laundering and terrorist financing,
- corruption, nepotism, and other similar acts,
- theft or other similar acts to the detriment of public institutions, the Foundation, or its Partners and Contractors,
- other irregularities related to the awarding of contracts or grants, humanitarian assistance, and recruitment process,
- deliberately concealing or failing to report information regarding the above matters.
When the Ombudsman shall not accept your application
- on complaints and violations of labour rights,
- concerning discrimination, bullying, sexual harassment, or intimidation,
- accidents at work,
- data security and information networks,
- incidents and breaches involving personal data,
- appeals within the framework of procurement or grant procedures.
There are separate procedures for these situations, particularly in the area of counteracting discrimination, bullying, sexual harassment or intimidation. In labour matters, the provisions of the Labour Code and the labour and salary regulations shall apply. Separate regulations apply in the event of a data security breach. Data breaches can be notified to the Data Protection Officer at FSM at firstname.lastname@example.org. Information on orders and grants shall be available on our website. In exceptional situations, should you have concerns related to disclosing of your identity, you may notify the Ombudsman of matters directly related to the areas dealt with by the Ombudsman.
What shall happen to your report
- The Ombudsman has 10 days to run the initial investigation to verify whether your report is justified. Should the Ombudsman deem that the case must be investigated, they shall notify the Foundation, protecting your anonymity. Should the Ombudsman determine that the report is not credible, they shall notify you and the Foundation, and terminate action on the case.
- Based on the information provided by the Ombudsman, the Foundation shall investigate and provide an internal report on the reported case. The report shall includes findings and recommendations for further action.
- The Foundation may also investigate in the situation the Ombudsman finds the report unreliable.
- Decisions on recommended actions shall be made by the President of the Foundation, and if the proceedings involve the President – the Foundation Council. The President or the Council of the Foundation shall report the action taken to the Ombudsman.
- The Ombudsman may also, on their own initiative, notify law enforcement authorities if they believe that a crime has been committed in the case covered by the report.